Friday 3 January 2014

A little bit about me

So I love to take photos.  Photography is pretty special. I love that in a single snapshot, a glimpse of a treasured moment(s) are preserved in time. That really was the foundation and how my love for photography started.

People inspire me and I am drawn to people's individuality and the endless variation of the human emotion and expression. That's why I love to take portraits.  I also like to dabble with other categories of photography such as travel, nature and street photography.

2013 was a quiet year for me on the photography front because by day I have an office job and throughout last year I was in constant 'study mode', working towards a qualification. Before I forget to mention, I have two strands of passion: one is that of what I do in the day (for privacy reasons, I'm not going to specify); and the other is my absolute love for photography which I do by night (metaphorically speaking).

2013 was a challenging year juggling between work, personal life, studies and of course, squeezing a bit photography in between. I hope to complete my studies soon which is extremely exciting because not only will I be part-qualified in my day job (fingers crossed) but I also hope to focus more on my photography this year. Yay to 2014!

So when did I pick up an SLR?  I owned a Sony DSLR for a few years, but it wasn't until January 2012 that I finally picked it up to make a real start on my photography journey and dive in!

One of my earlier works was from a workshop organised by photographer Karolina Marek. Here is a sample of a couple of photos I took on that crisp winter's day in 2012.


Copyright © 2014 Kimberley Sta-Maria. All rights reserved.

This is Emiliah Rochford, a professional dancer and singer from London.  Emiliah is a natural on camera and was such a joy to work with!  You can catch her on Facebook.

I remember being quite nervous at this workshop as I didn't think I would be able to capture any favourites, but thank goodness I did!  It turned out to be a fun day and a great experience with like-minded photographers to share tips and tricks with.

That's it for now from me, hope you all have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment