Thursday 20 March 2014

The Liebster Award (& more about me)


A special thank you to Emily at pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.co.uk for nominating me for the Liebster Award, it was a lovely surprise!  This award is a fantastic way to learn more about new and fellow bloggers and I certainly enjoyed getting to know more about Emily! Thanks again :)

Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
  • Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
  • State 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
  • Nominate 11 bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) for this award.
  • Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Let the nominees know that they have been nominated.

Facts about me
  • I use to play the violin.
  • I was [very briefly] in Sting's video 'In the Moonlight' (the soundtrack song to the film 'Sabrina' starring Harrison Ford). I was part of a string quartet.
  • My all time favourite TV show is Friends.
  • My current favourite TV show is The Big Bang Theory... (just genius!)
  • I am very shy.
  • I love to play the guitar (I'm no pro, I'm a chords playin' kinda gal).
  • I am currently using a 50mm f/1.8 portrait lens.
  • I am a self-taught photographer. I have attended 4 workshops in the past and I think they are a great platform to learn alongside like-minded, budding photographers and also models in an informal environment.
  • My favourite photo from a previous shoot is this one. Why? It was taken at a Lisa Lobanova workshop where I was still getting to know my SLR so I was not expecting anything. This photo turned out great and I love how it captures the 'Lady in Red' theme really well.
Copyright © 2014 Kimberley Sta-Maria. All rights reserved.
  • My favourite romance film is The Notebook.  I've been in search for another romance flick to top this, but I've had no success yet.  Let me know if you have any suggestions!
  • My favourite style icon is Olivia Palermo.

Questions from Emily
  • If you can take a picture of anything what would it be? I would like to take street photography and portraiture's of the locals in India (Calcutta, Bangalore, Mumbai) and Tibet to capture their culture, tradition and way of life.
  • Who is your favourite band? I don't have a single favourite band, so I cannot name one! A couple of great bands I like are Nirvana, Green day, Hanson, Daughtry and Kings of Leon.
  • What is your favourite album? I have lots of favourite albums so the same principle goes where I cannot name just one! A few that I absolutely love are Dookie by Green day, Bad by Michael Jackson and Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt.
  • What is your favourite song? Music and me by Michael Jackson.
  • If you could meet anyone who would it be? The late Michael Jackson and the Dalai Lama.
  • Your favourite thing to do... is listening to music.
  • What's your favourite animal? Dolphins because of their intelligence and they are such sociable animals.
  • What's your favourite flower? Lillies.
  • What's your favourite shirt? My red and black chequered shirt from Zara.
  • What is your favourite clothing item? Cosy tights.
  • If you were trapped on an island, what five items would you like to have with you? A wind up radio, a reading book, knife, lighter and a tent.

Blogs I nominate:

My questions:
  1. Why did you start your blog?
  2. How did you choose the title of your blog?
  3. What have you learned from blogging?
  4. What is a great memory from your past? 
  5. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
  6. What's your favourite song and why?
  7. Name your favourite movie and why.
  8. What's been the proudest moment of your life so far?
  9. What inspires you?
  10. What would you like to change about our world?
  11. What is your favourite way to recover from a long and bad day?





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vanessa, your blog is pretty cool too! Following on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete